After a long and trying time with the COVID-19 pandemic, the city of Carolina Beach is bringing fireworks and music back to the boardwalk this summer.
Boardwalk Blast will begin July 2 and run through September 30. Music will be played on the Gazebo Stage from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. with fireworks starting at 9 p.m.
After:Wilmington’s Riverfront Park Amphitheater announces 4 new big-name concerts
After:Riverfront Park Amphitheater in Wilmington drops latest large-scale concert announcement
After:Wilmington concert flyers from past years are a nostalgic artistic treasure
The schedule is shown below:
• Friday July 2 – Johnny Folsom 4. From A Boy Named Sue to Ring of Fire, the Johnny Folsom 4 pays homage to the legendary Man in Black.
• Thursday July 8 – Prices. A group of friends who play blues / rock and funk.
• Thursday July 15 – Carl Newton Revue. East Carolina’s most popular dance group presents the best of rhythm and blues. Soul by the incredible voice of Carl Newton.
• Thursday July 22 – The Justin Cody Fox Band. Fox, singer, songwriter and guitarist from Wilmington, gained regional notoriety for his talents as a guitarist at the age of 15.
• Thursday July 29 – Painted Man. Led by the incredible voice of Vince Peebles, this funky dance group performs soul, rhythm and blues and dance music.
• Thursday August 5 – Spanking. 150 years of collective experience performing live rock, rhythm and blues, Spank features searing lyrics by Marie Grimsley, keyboards by Robert Turner and the extraordinary guitarist Mike Edwards.
• Thursday August 12 – Uptown Easy. Combining superior musicality, great energy, lots of personality and all your favorite songs.
• Thursday August 19 – Polar Bear Blues Band. Offering their own brand of rhythm and blues, the group has been a regional favorite for over 50 years.
• Thursday August 26 – Massive Grass. Since 2007, the band’s unique sound has focused mainly on high-energy songs with extended instrumental pauses and jams with a few slower songs and waltzes in between.
• Friday September 3 – HaldenVang. American group formed and led by the namesake Jake HaldenVang. The group deliver exceptional live musical experiences with moving and fiery performances of advanced style and a touch pervading their music. Top 10 on The Voice 2019.
• Thursday September 9 – Jamie Trollinger Band. The group consists of four of the best players in the Southeast, a searing guitar and a flaming harmonica mixed with powerful vocals and a rhythm section.
• Thursday September 16 – The Amateurs Reggae Band. Raleigh’s Rock’n Reggae, the band featuring the sweet reggae vocals of William “Shep” Sheppard, have entertained and performed in North Carolina and elsewhere since 1985.
• Thursday September 23 – Big Bump & The Stun Gunz. Texas and Chicago style blues and boogie rock with classic Triad rock ‘n’ roll with a trio of seasoned musicians.
• Thursday September 30 – Ascension. A new progressive rock band from Wilmington NC made up of seasoned professional musicians with exceptionally versatile backgrounds perform hits from the 70s, 80s and 90s.