‘Growing Up Hip Hop’ star speaks out after her ex’s killer was sentenced to life in prison

The man charged with the murder of the former fiancé of Growing up in hip hop Star Angela Simmons was sentenced to life in prison on Friday April 15. Before her sentencing, the daughter of hip-hop legend Rev Run of Run DMX gave moving testimony about the impact the death of her ex Sutton Tennyson had on her and their now 5-year-old son. Through tears, Simmons told a courtroom that their son often asked for his father. The reality star and socialite explained that she spent years crying daily over the loss. Their son is named after his late father.

In November 2018, Tennyson was shot and killed outside his home after an alleged argument with another man. He was pronounced dead when police arrived and found his body in his garage, after suffering more than a dozen gunshot wounds. A few days later, Michael Williams turned himself in to Georgian police and was formally charged.

The romance between Tennyson and Simmons has been a whirlwind. She shocked fans when she announced she was engaged and pregnant in 2016 after swearing to remain a virgin until her wedding.

Their son, Sutton Tennyson Jr., was born in September 2016. Just two months after the child’s birth, the couple separated. Court records revealed that before his death, the former couple was in court for child support and visitation. Simmons also reportedly got a restraining order against Tennyson in 2017 for domestic violence, but their co-parenting relationship had improved.

the old The race house The star has been open about the devastation she suffered following Tennyson’s murder. During an appearance on hollywood unblockedSimmons says she wouldn’t be where she is after Tennyson’s death if there wasn’t therapy.

“I remember like yesterday when everything happened, when he passed away I had to go to therapy because I couldn’t process him,” she explained. “It was like, ‘Oh my God, I’m raising his son without him, I miss him [him]’ – it was so on the table for me when it came to that and then my son got his name and I didn’t know how I was going to process even that. It was so. But, thankfully and gratefully, the therapy was very, very helpful to me. I went there two, three times a week after it happened and it really helped me get over it because I wasn’t there. I think for the first time in my life, I felt numb.”

After the sentencing, she shared several photos of her, Tennyson and their son. “Justice was served today! We got you! We got it,” she wrote alongside the posts.

Previous Our favorite songs of the week (playlist)
Next Boulder Bach Festival celebrates return of live concert tradition – Boulder Daily Camera