We are Universal Music Australia (UMA), part of the Universal Music group. We are the world leader in music. In everything we do, we are committed to art, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a wide range of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in over 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
The brand new Virgin Music Australia (formerly Caroline) is the Label Services branch of Universal Music. We work in partnership with the best labels and independent artists in Australia. International artists we are fortunate to partner with include Trippie Redd, Mac DeMarco, Aitch, Denzel Curry, Catfish and The Bottlemen, St Vincent, Dave, Internet Money, Christine and The Queens and more. Local artists include Parcels, Amyl and The Sniffers, Chillinit, Youngn Lipz, Skegss, King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard, Marlon Williams and more.
Virgin Music Australia is seeking to appoint a Media and Promotions Manager (Melbourne office) to promote Virgin artists and releases through the design and execution of creative and effective promotional campaigns. Reporting to the Senior Director of Media and Promotions based in the Sydney office, this role is an integral part of the teams promotion strategy to help artists stand out. The successful candidate will work through national radio, television, press and online outlets for maximum impact and exposure for our artists and our releases.
- Promote Virgin artists to AUS media, with a focus on community radio and online
- Work closely with the extended Virgin AU team to create and implement national campaigns – launch extensive artist promotion and coverage, as well as oversee all VIC field opportunities
- Apply a professional, sympathetic and “I can do” attitude to requests from artists, management and labels.
- Briefing, debriefing and weekly campaign reporting
- Database maintenance and management of press releases
- Treatment of sensitive and confidential information
- Develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of national contacts on radio, press, television and online to ensure maximum exposure for Virgin artists.
- Responsible for servicing these media contacts through physical visits, by phone, Zoom and email, through regular distribution of products, press releases, videos, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring that all said media inquiries are followed up in a thorough and timely manner.
- Act as a central coordinating point for all the artists you represent with said media contacts, and organize and coordinate activities, interviews, contests, live performances, etc.
- Make sure key promotional contacts attend our artist launch events and concerts.
- Preferably 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar role or in a role with relevant promotional experience in the music / entertainment industry
- Demonstrated relationship building skills
- Knowledge or working understanding of the digital music market and digital focused marketing campaigns
- Broad knowledge of music, including the Virgin repertoire, is vital
- Proven skills in organization, coordination and time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including creative writing, proposal writing)
- Excellent persuasion skills
We are a passionate team with smart ideas and work with some of the most successful, innovative and respected artists. If you think you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you.
Follow us on social media at Life @ UniversalMusic for exclusive events, artist and music releases, and career opportunities + Join our talent pool: