As part of the House of Blues and Live Nation Entertainment family, the Music Forward Foundation inspires ambition and builds momentum to redefine what’s possible for young people in the live music industry. Focusing on youth in underserved communities, Music Forward paves the way for success by offering workshops and showcases to inspire the next generation of music industry leaders, innovators and artists.
With sponsorship from Citi, Music Forward is hosting its second annual LGBTQ+ Emerging Artist Award competition. The prize will provide 15 outstanding emerging LGBTQ+ musical artists with $10,000 each to help support their creative journeys. The application deadline is June 30.
Eligible emerging artists must:
• Identify as LGBTQ+
• Be at least 18 years old
• Be in the early stages of their creative development, with 2-10 years of creation and performance
• Have a focused creative direction and goals, with evidence of developing their artistic “voice”
• Have not yet received substantial support within the music industry, media or general public
• Create and perform original music that can be shared and viewed as part of the support request. The whole work can belong to a wide range of genres/styles
• Clearly explain how the award will be used to support their vision and artistic goals
Music Forward will evaluate applications on the following points:
• Scope of all work
• Strength of the whole work
• Artistic vision
• Articulation of the objectives of the prize
• Brand alignment (the artist’s brand should not negatively impact their business and brand reputation.)
For more information on the LGBQT+ Emerging Artist Award and a list of the inaugural 2021 winners, go here.